Thursday, August 21, 2008

Remove “Warning! Win32/Adware.Virtumonde” popup

“Warning! Win32/Adware.Virtumonde” popup is a sign of malware presence. Do not trust experts saying “we have program to remove “Warning! Win32/Adware.Virtumonde” error message or that it is essential to perform timely removal of “Warning! Win32/Adware.Virtumonde” alert. They can give you antispyware capable only to eliminate pop-ups, but the roots would remain untouched. One day sooner or later comes when you are wandering how it comes to this, all pop-ups have been eliminated long time ago but system has been crushed suddenly!? The problem is clear – you uploaded wrong medicine. “Warning! Win32/Adware.Virtumonde” alerts is annoying itself, but you need not just eliminate it by blocking pop-ups, complex malware removal is to be performed. It is recommended to remove “Warning! Win32/Adware.Virtumonde” alert and related malware (and unrelated, too) using Spyware Doctor + antivirus.

“Warning! Win32/Adware.Virtumonde” message text:
WARNING! Spyware detected on your computer! Install an antivirus or spyware remover to clean your computer.
Warning! Win32/Adware.Virtumonde
Warning! Win32/privacyremover.M64


“Warning! Win32/Adware.Virtumonde” popup screenshot:


“Warning! Win32/Adware.Virtumonde” popup removal tool:


“Warning! Win32/Adware.Virtumonde” popup manual removal instructions:
Delete infector files:
XP-Guard.lnk
XPGuardSetup.exe
XPGuard\XP-Guard Web Site.lnk
XPGuard\XP-Guard.lnk
XP-Guard Web Site.url
XP-Guard.exe
Delete registry entries:
414B0283-2228-4F26-8BB3-C2211FA99223
BC37F38C-D37C-46FC-AC8D-93ABBCE72947
FE06810E-CAFB-4F02-A65B-F35190236D02

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this actually work? I am pretty sceptical about this? DO you have results? How does the detection system find the trojan? What does NTRootKit-J Trojan actually do and why is it set-up like this? I know I have asked many questions but i have this and I have limited knowledge of coding and computer software...thanks for any help to the above questions hope they are not deemed 'to stupid to answer'

Unknown said...

yes Spyware Doctor with Anti-Virus works. I run www.virtumonde.net and an online computer repair company and use this program all the time to remove this threat.

We also have written many free removal guides but they are very hands on and not everyone is tech savvy enough to use them

Anonymous said...

I have this very same pop-up (actually my desktop goes white and this thing just stays there). That happened jst after midnight Sunday, and today my ISP turned my service off because they say my computer has cranked out 279,000 emails since Sunday. Thre is a lot more going on with this than an annoying pop-up.
Symantec says the latest version of this malware hit the net on Sunday 9/14 (the day I got it). At this point I'm willing to try anything since the next step is formatting the drive. I can't put this machine back online.

Anonymous said...

Hey i have also got this recently. I turned off my computer monday night and left the room because I thought it turned off. 10 mins later, I come back to check the room because I hear the fan from the pc. My computer wouldn't turn off automatically so I held the power button. Next morning when I boot the pc, I also have the same white screen and ad plus a window saying to install the adware program. Of course I didn't and ran lavasoft adware remover program I had. I removed it but everytime I boot up, I still see the same white screen with the ad and window saying to install an adware program. What can I do?

Anonymous said...

People! What is this great fear of reformatting and reinstalling windows? Assuming your data is backed up (let's hope you all do that), it should take less than an hour, and your computer will run like new again.

Windows collects "junk" over time and never runs like new after a length of time anyway. When you do reformat and reinstall, make a 12 gig C and a D partition using the rest of the space. Keep all important data on D from then on out (yeah, you still back up data on a regular basis), and when windows slows down and goes to crap again (it always does eventually), you just reformat and reinstall, in under and hour. Most of that time you can do other things as it is installing. It is the only way to operate pcs if you surf questionable sites and do filesharing.

Or you could do what I do, and buy a mac, in which case you don't need to worry about all this nonsense. My macs have never had a virus or malware, not ONCE, in years, and they don't have antivirus on them.

Anonymous said...

Macs don't have virus problems because even after years of trying, including recent aggressive ad campaigns, they still survive on Windows scraps. If Apple ever manages to get a decent marketshare the hackers will descend like vultures. It'll be easy because there won't be 15 years of anti-virus experience to fight the hackers.

Anonymous said...

anonYMOUS i have a mac and still saw this!