Sunday, December 14, 2008

Netsky.Q (Win32/Netsky.Q I-Worm.NetSky.q) Removal Instructions

Netsky.Q (Win32/Netsky.Q I-Worm.NetSky.q) is a fake worm. Some rogue anti-spyware programs may generate fake security warnings stating that your PC is seriously infected with Netsky.Q malware. Remember that you need to remove trojan horse (usually Zlob or Vundo) responsible for Netsky.Q popups. We recommend to download Spyware Doctor with antivirus to get rid of this nasty malware.

Netsky.Q screenshots:




Netsky.Q automatical remover (free scan):

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a variation of malware originating from defender-review.com.

Boot in Safe mode (F8 just after post), and delete all files in D&S/{username}/Application Data/Google. Repeat for all users.

Tip provided by Hemant in an older post relating PublicDefender2009.

Anonymous said...

I've tried deleting the files in the Google folder and there is no change. I've also tried downloading that tool - but the netsky is keeping the program from being downloaded. This all happened to my laptop between removing Norton and installing McAfee. Now, MacAfee (I've also tried downloading AVG) can't access the interent to download the updated virus definition files. I'm at a loss here - any help?

Anonymous said...

I'm having the same problem. I can't access the internet to even scan or remove files. PLEASE HELP! I'm about to bring the laptop to the GEEK Squad!

Anonymous said...

Suffered the same style attack as the rest of you.

If you use AVG you can download the updates for it manualy via another PC, and install them from the menu options in the protection centre.

Thats the method I used.

Anonymous said...

the lack of being able to install programs or get online is coming from another virus that netsky seems to be paired with. just find the .exe file that opens the installer/app and change the name to something random. the virus seems to work off a list of apps and files to shut down and by changing the name you can avoid it. hope that helps.

as for removing netsky.q, i'm still trying to figure that one out..